Friday 10 January 2014

Ryan Gosling Who? {Eye Candy of 2013}

Simmer down Hipster girls - go drink some 2% milk. Ryan Gosling will always be hot. But there's more eye candy out there than just Ryan Gosling. Below, I submit my literature on the eye candy that delighted me so in 2013:

In no particular order of hotness........


Charles Michael Davis


 
 So many mysteries belie that mischievous grin, such as the meaning of life. Charles Michael Davis is a model turned actor. He's half Filipino and all seksi. Do yourself a favour and google him right now! You can catch Charles flashing this same devilish grin on The Originals, the spinoff of The Vampire Diaries. I like to think of this show as a political drama surrounding the tortured lives of vampires and werewovles living in New Orleans. I mainly watch it for Charles, and because I secretly, or not so secretly, have the TV viewing habits of a teenage girl.


Ezra Koenig
 

I didn't know this guy existed until I watched Saturday Night Live when him and his band Vampire Weekend were musical guests. I wasn't expecting much from this band's performance, I don't really listen to Indie music. But I just found this guy so damn charismatic. Out of nowhere I found myself focusing on his soulful green eyes and bam! I'm listening to the band's music, finding their music videos hilarious, and slowly taking a softer perspective on Hipster culture.


So the next few entries are from the show Once Upon a Time. I never had any intention of starting this series because I'm not a sap for Disney. BUT... I soon discovered the secret ingredient to this show's success....smoking hot eye candy! Before I knew it, I was 2 seasons in on Netflix. Damn you Disney!


Here's what happened.... 


 I got lured in by Jamie Dornan as Sheriff Graham/The Huntsman

 continued watching for Eion Bailey who plays Pinocchio of all characters

 
and finally got hooked for Colin O'Donoghue as Captain Hook. Now I realize this pick is kind of disturbing (yea I get that he's a villain with a hook for a hand), and believe me, I've had to step back and re-evaluate the choices I've made in life. But I say any guy who can pull off black eyeliner deserves a spot on this list.






Chris Messina who plays Dr. Danny Castellano on The Mindy Project.
 
The man can dance to Aaliyah's Try Again which makes him supernova hot:




Last on this list and at the tail end of 2013 is Kyle Chandler



Ok, let me set the scene. I'm watching The Wolf of Wall Street, Leonardo DiCaprio's character just gets sentenced to jail, the movie switches to Kyle Chandler's character (the detective investigating Leonardo DiCaprio) riding in the subway and zooms in on his steely gaze with the knowledge that he, the over worked average Joe, took down the millionaire scam artist (who originally tried to bribe him and then mocked him for being an over worked average Joe), and didn't succumb to a bribe because his integrity couldn't be bought! HOT! Wolf whistle HOT! Yay for the underdogs in the world HOT! Let's go Blue Jays HOT!

Also, remember Early Edition? That 90's show about a guy who gets delivered the newspaper from the future and tries to save people before bad events happen. Yea <3.
Chandler, Kyle [Early Edition] Photo



2013 proved to be a banner year for eye candy. I'm very excited for what 2014 will have to offer. I can tell you right now my first pick for 2014 is Harvey Specter. Not Gabriel Macht who plays Harvery Specter on Suits. I really do mean fictional lawyer Harvey Specter.  He is such the man!







* I do not own any of the images used in this post.

2 comments:

  1. Its Jo AGAIN lol

    Wow the first guy - does not look FLIP at all!

    Let me please add to the list of the EYE CANDY a la 2013 - Michael B Jordan - he started on the tv series The Wire and recently starred in this Indie flick called "Fruitvale Station" - one word DAYUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jo!

    Lemme just say...Michael B Jordan has such a sweet smile! Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete